Saturday, December 30, 2006

ERAU bashed by Christmas tornado

Our alma mater, Embry-Riddle, was whacked by a freak tornado on Christmas day. Reports have come in from news reports and friends on location that the damage to the campus is devastating. Almost all of the 65 training aircraft were damaged or destroyed and several buildings on campus sustained major damage--including impacts from aircraft! (See photo at left) Thankfully almost no one was on campus at the time and there are no reported injuries.

The university has released several statements indicating that they will be starting classes in January, though later than their original start date.

More info:

Photos from Dave Bujak, a fellow Alpha Phi Omega alum.

News from ANN, an aviation news service.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One point of correction... I didn't take the photos. I just passed on a link I found elsewhere.

As a professional photographer myself, I fully understand the importance (legally and ethically) of taking credit where credit is due.

I believe the page with the photos has the names of the original photographers.

Thanks!
Dave Bujak

Anonymous said...

The planes are now located at the salvage yard at Flagler County (x47). I took the pictures here
Greg