Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hi from LA

So I made it to Lower Alabama. I'm pretty much in the boonies. I'll explore a little this coming weekend and let you know if I find anything interesting. So far the people that live here talk about hunting and mudding as their leisure activities. You know those don't appeal to me. I have heard there is a JCPenney's somewhere close, so maybe I'll find that on Saturday.
My class is going well. There's another space geek in my group, but he thinks that 40 people walked on the Moon, so I don't know how much of a space geek he truly is. I thought, at first, that he was including the people that orbited, but that's still less than 30.
So the instructors tried to scare us yesterday. They told us about the 15 page paper we have to write in order to graduate. Woo-hoo! Only 15 pages--that's easy compared to my thesis. ...But then today we learned all about military writing techniques and how you're supposed to keep everything as simple and short as possible. That's a little contradictory to a 15 page report. Maybe the 15 pages includes title page, references, and the like? Apparently we'll find out more on Friday.
My room is okay. It's like living in McKay hall again, without roommates, though. I have a kitchenette with a stove top, a microwave, a mini-fridge, sink, and a coffee pot. There is a pot, a pan, and some dishes. But so far I've made it work. I had spagetti tonight and chicken strips with rices and veggies yesterday. I also have a nice sized closet, and a sofa/TV area. The bed is "walled off." The wall doesn't go all the way up to the ceiling. And I have a nice bathroom with a medicine cabinet.
I'll try to keep you updated on my adventures in LA. (Someone please check on Tim and make sure he eats.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm trying to take him to the monster truck show on saturday, if he goes I will.