Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lazy Alabama days...

Jen at her desk in the Ft. Rucker classroomYes, I'm back home, but I am still thinking about all the time I spent in beautiful Alabama! Really, Ft. Rucker was pretty nice, but it was COLD. Except in the room at the Army Lodging building. It was HOT in that room. So we evened out things by keeping the windows open. While this may sound odd, I can assure you that it was much more odd to experience the blasts of frigid air piercing the oven-like dry heat of the room as I sat working at my computer. I got lots of exercise walking 3 feet to the window to adjust how much it was open every 15 minutes :-)

I did get to meet some of Jen's classmates while in LA. They were a nice bunch from all over the US. We went out to eat every day together while I was there. I think we hit all the major food sources in only 5 visits!

Valentines Day was an unexpected treat for us. We each sent things for our 8 year dating anniversary on Feb 9, so on Feb 14 we didn't have anything to do! (By the way, it is GREAT having an anniversary just before Valentine's Day. We can skip all of the expensive stuff and V-Day rush!) We went into town and hit the TGI Friday's for dinner. We would have waited over an hour to get seated, but instead we had a wonderful time eating at the bar. Again, we skipped the lines by thinking smart!

I'm glad I got to see into Jen's life in AL so I can picture all of the funny things that happen and place some of the characters in her stories. While it's not a horrible place to go, I am not in any hurry to spend a lot more time there. It was nice to get back home and be together with our cats for a while :-)

Enjoy the picture of Jen at her desk! More pics (and perhaps some video!) coming soon...

No comments: