Friday, September 30, 2005

Living a life powerfully and living a life I love

I went to my final Self Expression and Leadership Program class on Thursday. This completes Landmark Education's "Curriculum for Living" series, but I am already registered for more!

I have gotten so much more out of my life since I took the Landmark Forum last December it is hard to know where to begin! Although I've always had fun and done cool things in life, I never really felt like I was in control or had any say in how things happened. I was a "passenger" for most of my life, just reacting to whatever was going on. Now I am the driver, creating my life and loving it all. Sure, there are still bumps on the road and detours along the way but now I don't get sidetracked by what is handed to me by life. I finally see how amazing people accomplish impossible things.

I've also developed a new way of looking at the world. Before the Forum, I didn't realize how cynical and judgemental I was about life. I really approached life as though everyone else was stupid and everything "happened to me" all the time. It worked great for a while, but I've come to see how limiting it is as well. The most surprising thing was to find out that other people knew I was an ass but didn't tell me! Talk about a blind spot; I had no idea I was an arrogant ass or that other people could see it. That alone was life-altering.

To make a long story short, I have gotten a lot out of my classes with Landmark:
  • I have new tools to use in making my dreams into reality.
  • I operate in 'today' instead of 'some day'.
  • I see what happens in life separate from the meaning I give to the events.
  • I don't get stopped when things don't go the way I thought they would or don't turn out like I want them to.
  • I have an amazing relationship with my wife where we can discuss anything--litterally anything that ever comes up--at any time with no fear of 'cost' or retribution for bringing it up.
  • I love with my whole heart. No holds barred. Nothing held back. And it is fantastic!
  • I live life powerfully and live a life I love!
Yes, I do slip into my old habits at times. I see it and recognize it (mostly), but I am no longer trapped by the past and by those old comfortable habits. Now I am constantly surrounded by a conversation for what is possible in my life and what is possible for everyone around me. It is inspiring, motivating, exciting, and miraculous.

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" ~Switchfoot, This is Your Life

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

..

Anonymous said...

Dear Tim<
I'm at Jerri's and have just read this. I'm going to try to print a copy that I can carry with me all the time. You are such an inspiration, not only to me, but to anyone who is lucky enough to spend some time with you. I Love You Very Muches!!! Mom