Friday, November 18, 2005

Florida Space 2005

Went house hunting again this Wednesday. Saw 3 places with Susie and her mom, but only one in Rockledge was really nice. I drove through the surrounding neighborhoods and through some of Port St. John to get a 'feel' for the area.

I went over to the Florida Space 2005 reception and talked with Gwendolyn (ZERO-G's Director of Educational Programs) and people from the Economic Development Commission. I learned that there is a Young Professionals of Brevard group that meets several times per month to meet and network with other young people in the area. Sounds cool!
Florida Space 2005 logo bannerThursday Robert gave a presentation on ZERO-G during a panel on research and development. That was nice, as was Alan Ladwig's presentation on... it didn't matter what it was supposed to be, Alan made it good :-) That was about all I could stay awake to watch. [Robert and Alan were both approached numerous times that evening and thanked for their great presentations!] Dinner was at the Apollo/Saturn V Center and was delicious! We munched and told stories about the tour to Alan's co-worker at Northrop and the AGI reps. We couldn't make up stuff that crazy!

During the maddness, I talked with Sam Durrance and Eddie Ellegood to finalize the details of my employment with FSRI. I am expecting an offer letter tomorrow! It is a lower salary than what I requested, but that gives me room to negotiate time out of the office for SGC in Valencia.

"I've got a beautiful feeling everything's going my way!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get emails on the Brevard Young Professionals thing from work, haven't had a chance to try any of their stuff yet, I'll let you know when I go.