Saturday, August 26, 2006

Here, There, and Everywhere

WOW. July and August were both busy months! It seemed like everytime I sat down to write, I had too much to talk about! Jen hit all the highlights, but I wanted to throw my 2-cents in as well.
  • Flew in ZERO-G with the owner of Pocari Sweat, a sports drink popular in Japan. Both Katie Collier (my SLSTP intern) and Keithe Bagette (the ZERO-G summer intern) got to experience weightlessness!
  • Kaare's friend Mike and his fiance came down from DC and stopped by KSC to see me.
  • Jen's brother Dave stayed with us for about 2 weeks.
  • I gave a talk to the NASA interns about "launching your career in the space industry" (and it ROCKED).
  • Went to a cool FSRI staff pool party at Sam Durrance's house (nice place, great people).
  • Executed the first-ever parabolic research flights to operate from KSC (where tons of people got to fly and mom got her second flight!)
  • Flew ZERO-G flights in San Diego and San Jose, CA.
  • Finally got to see the Mansion in Silicon Valley where Jen was staying (NICE!).
  • Attended Jen's awesome Next Generation Exploration Conference at Ames.
I'll put up some neat pics and movies of mom in zero gravity soon. If you want them sooner, let me know! (Same goes for pics from California--it was a wild trip!)

No comments: