Saturday, August 26, 2006

Tim's Nose Job

Well, technically it was a "septoplasty" to repair my deviated septum. But it happened to my nose and has altered its appearance, so I feel like it's a nose job.

Oh, did I mention that it HURTS?!?! Apparently my body does not like it when pieces inside my nose are sliced, diced, and sewn back together. I am swollen, bruised, and overall in a lot of pain.

Things I've learned:
  1. Nose jobs hurt.
  2. Having your nose "fixed" means you can't breath out of it for a while.
  3. Pain killers are not all bad...
  4. "Outpatient surgery" does not mean you should go back to work the next day.
More on the story as it develops...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good hospital photo, just photoshop in some blinking red lights and you'd be set

Anonymous said...

You look like you'd been beat up. Thank goodness it didn't take terribly long for you to recover. Going back to work the day after surgery probably wasn't the be best idea you've ever had. Must have been the drugs. XXXOOO Mom