Friday, July 06, 2007

Touring Embry-Riddle

I got the unusual priveledge of taking an orientation tour of my alma mater this week! Our old family friends in Tampa have a son that is interested in an engineering degree. When they came over to the East coast for July 4th, I set up a tour of Embry-Riddle. I had seen the campus just after the Christmas Day tornado, but a lot has changed in the past 6 months!

Plywood covers almost all of the windows on Spruance Hall. That's one of the only things that differentiates it from the other construction sites across campus.:
  • the exterior of the new College of Business building is
  • the new "Apollo Hall" dorm facility behind McKay Hall is nearing completion and should be open for the Fall 2007 class
  • a towering new fitness center behind the pool looks ready to open any day
  • the lobby and basketball courts in the ICI Center (aka 'Fieldhouse') are still being repared
Otherwise, things look pretty much the same from when we were in class. It's funny how much things change and how much they stay the same! I hope Austin decides to go to ERAU, but in any case I look forward to going back more often. I miss the school and it's eclectic demographic. Plus, I saw an APO jersey and want to meet all the new Brothers!!

No comments: