Thursday, July 06, 2006

Happy 4th!

Tim and I both had good long weekends. I'll let Tim tell you about his weekend, but until then, here's my recap.
I took one of the mansion's rental cars and drove down to LA to see Susie. It took a little longer than it should, but I made it very early Saturday morning (4am). There was only a slight detour when I got pulled over for running a stop sign in Susie's neighborhood. I think I was a little suspicious driving really slow in a residential area at 4 in the morning. I didn't get a ticket, so everything worked out.
Saturday was a little of a lazy day because of the late night. We got our nails done, and we saw The Devil Wears Prada--a very good movie. I give it 2 thumbs up.
Sunday we went to the San Diego Zoo. There were tons of babies--a gorilla, a wallaby, wild boar piglets, an 11 month old panda, ducklings, antelopes, the list goes on. We even got to hand feed giraffes! We would have a picture, but the "professional" San Diego Zoo photographer took crappy pictures.
Monday Susie gave me a tour of the Boeing C-17 facility and factory. It is very different to see the insides of a new plane as compared to the 30 year old planes that I am used to. We saw Superman Returns Monday evening. It was good except for Lois's hair not floating. They made $52 million in one weekend; they could have spent $100k to make her hair float!
I stayed long enough Tuesday morning to see Discovery launch on the HD TV. Very cool! Back in Cupertino Tuesday night, I watched 3 simultaneous fireworks displays down in the valley from the front stoop of the mansion. What a life!

No comments: