Monday, April 10, 2006

Happy Flight Day!

The weekend started great. Tim and I manned a booth at the KSC Visitor's Center mid-day on Friday. Robert and Fred were there with a couple other NSS volunteers. We gave away Ad Astra magazines and spacey posters and had a blast. I even got to talk to the Spaceman (the guy dressed in the EVA suit).
John Young and Bob Crippen were there for a short time talking to the crowd. It was cool to see them. I realized that I had never seen a moon-walker before. Very cool. We had Dippin' Dots in little space helmet bowls during their presentation.
That evening we attended the "Gala Opening" of the NASA art exhibit at the BCC Planetarium. We learned that, though normally Norman Rockwell painting are very realistic, he should not have attempted to portray a moon landing. Buzz's head was sticking out of the top of the LEM and Neil looked like he was wearing a baggy sweatsuit. We headed upstairs to the observatory and saw the Moon and Saturn through their big telescopes.
Saturday was Flight Day! Everything went extremely well. Both Tim and I got to fly. I got to do another superman--very fun! We had a grand ole time in row 5 during take-off and landing. Though, we did take it down to only 2 stars.
Here's me on the SLF ramp next to a T-38. The picture's a little grainy because it was taken with Matt's phone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its not "me by a T-38" its "me finishing with the T-38"

:-p