Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sailing

Tim took Friday afternoon off work, and we went sailing on Art's boat. Art is one of ZERO-G's Flight Directors, plus he's an engineer for Boeing at KSC. He has a 23 foot sail boat. We took it out onto the Banana River. Tim had the tiller, Art manned the sails, and I supervised. :-) We sailed up to the NASA Causeway and back. The white dot on the horizon just to the left of Tim is the VAB. We came back to the dock long enough for a potty break, then headed out again for a sunset cruise with Art's family--his wife Cordelia, his son Alex, and his daugher Anaka. Oh, and one of their cats, Tigger. They wanted him to get his sea legs. I think Jack would really enjoy sailing. He would make a great pirate.

Tim and I were invited to stay for dinner afterwards. It was a great day!

The next morning, Tim left early to go to Pittsburgh. He was a member on the Space Tourism panel at the NSBE conference. Tim saw some of his friends there and had a good time on the panel. He flew back Saturday night.

Sunday I did our taxes with TurboTax. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. In the afternoon I went up to Daytona to Maryann's Partylite candle party. I always enjoy a candle party. I won a dozen tealights in a little game we played. I got Limoncello scented tealights--just like the liquor. I bought a few other scents of votives and a candle holder for the guest bathroom. Tim and I are booked to have a candle party at our house on April 24. Watch for your invitation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always taxes were pretty easy, up until this year, I used Turbotax, but an offer I got from either Turbotax or someone else claimed I would be able to do them for free (except for state, which always costs money) and that wasn't the case, so a friend of mine gave me a web page to use which worked pretty well.

Anonymous said...

What a cool picture of Tim. Where's the pic of Jen? It looks like you had a great day on the water. Nice to have a friend with a boat.