Sunday, June 18, 2006

Adventures in San Francisco

Thanks for the message, Tim. I'm glad I didn' t have to paint!

Shannon flew in from Phoenix to send the weekend with me at the mansion. I wish I had a camera so I could share this great house with you, but you'll just have to take my word for it.
Shannon & I spent the whole day in San Francisco on Saturday. We had an awesome time--for the most part.
We went to the aquarium and saw starfish eating anchoives, and we got to pet a sea cucumber--very squishy.
We saw the sea lions lounging on the pier.
We had fun shopping and found some funky new earrings.
We took a bay cruise under the Golden Gate bridge and around Alcatraz.
We had a seafood dinner. Shannon had fried oysters and I had a Dungeneer crab. (I think that's how you spell it. )

Shannon was told by a street psychic that we passed that "great things are coming your way." We should have known then everything was going to go wrong.
We got back to the car, and I noticed that one of the tires was flat. I opened the trunk to start changing the tire and our purses weren't there. Someone had broken the driver's door lock and opened the trunk.
We got a police officer to come and file a report, and we got the spare tire put on. But we had to drive the 40 miles back to Cupertino at 50 miles an hour. Ugh :-P
Everything is okay though. My credit cards are cut off and both Shannon's and my bank accounts aren't showing any unknown usage. I guess they were happy with the gift cards and $2.32 in change that we had in our purses.
Someday we'll look back at this and laugh. But until then, we're never going to San Francisco again!

No comments: