Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Not-so-manic Monday

The weekend was fun and relaxing. Saturday I was a bum most of the day, but I did work on the RFI! On Sunday Jen and I went on a crazy shopping extravaganza and bought new shoes, some clothes, and a new toaster! I like shopping with Jen :-) She bought new pink cords from Old Navy--and they are CUTE!

This morning Jen and I both had dentist appointments. Mine was at 9am. 9am!! And I was only 5 minute late :-D Jen already told them all I like to sleep in so they were all picking on me. I had a good cleaning (only a few stains from the occasional coffee and constant Diet Coke--or new Coke Zero). It still felt like she was ripping off parts of my gums at times. Which, from the bleeding, she may have been doing! I am tasked with finding my old X-rays to save money whe I get my exam next time. Every dollar counts when you are paying out of pocket! I am committed to finding my own health care before the end of the month. The CEO said they would pay half since we don't have a group plan yet. Hooray for minor miracles!

The office was a muted madness as we answered the phone (Marketing is out at a conference all week) and lamented the lack of an intern (our intern Todd had his last day on Friday). Sarah's computer was acting bad so I worked on it for her. Not a terribly hard thing, but extremely time consuming! In the end I bought her a copy of Norton with the company card. Being without virus protection is simply unacceptable to me!

Tomorrow is booking up with calls and a class on starting a business. I can't get anyone from the Small Business Association on the phone, so I'm seeking them out in person! On a side note, I was looking for a business checking account and discovered that Washington Mutual has no minimuns, and no fees whatsoever. Just like the commercials said....only I didn't beleive them. I am thinking of switching banks. Any bad WAMU stories out there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay classes, I didn't realise how much I missed them. Good luck on the RFI

Anonymous said...

Is that a screen grab? just saw that old navy commercial