Thursday, August 25, 2005

Palm Fronds Down!

"THERE ARE PALM FRONDS DOWN!"
(this one is in front of our door)

Don't you just love weather news? We're in the midst of a tropical storm in Florida. Florida. They act like we've never seen rain before! Here we are in the eye of the storm and all they can find to write about are palm fronds on the ground.

Although I do appreciate all of the frantic phone calls, I have not ever been to a hurricane shelter and do not intend to go to one today. We weathered a Category 3 hurricane last year, so this Tropical Storm shouldn't kill us.

Yes , we do have water and food to last us through 'the aftermath' of a coconut rolling down the road (honestly, this was on the news). And we even have an APC backup that will let me stay online when the power goes out :-) See you on the other side of the storm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh is that you in there great blog

Anonymous said...

Be sure to let me know when the burning looting starts so I can come down. No idea what I'll do with a looted shipping container of socks but I'll think of something.

Anonymous said...

For some reason it reminded me of: "That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on." Just exchange rodent for palm frond. Anyway, its cool to find an easy way for the rest of us to keep up with you two! :)