Sunday, August 07, 2005

Weekend Update

The weekend was relaxing, but not very productive! We got to enjoy our new cat (tentatively named "Jack"). We got him from the Broward County Animal Control center. He is 4 months old and white with tiger stripes splashed on top of him. I would upload a picture, but we--ok, I --lost the camera last weekend during our visit to the Museum of Science and Discovery.

We did take the duvet (feather comforter) to the dry cleaners on Saturday because Jack peed on it Friday night. And we did find the local tire place, though I decided not to get tires yet.

Oh, and we went to the beach today for a few hours! We layed out under a palm tree on Hollywood Beach and just relaxed.... We often forget that most people would die to live this close to the beach. We never go. I have this story that it is too much of a hassle to get all sunscreened and then take all the stuff and lay out and get sandy and sore and burned (even with the sunscreen). Plus I think the water here is dirty with seaweed(though it is actually clearer then Daytona). I went in the water today and decided I liked the rocks on the bottom and the seaweed wasn't too bad :-)

I feel like a bum because I still have things to do on my "to do" list. I bet if I had put them on the calendar and made time for them they would have gotten done :-P

Next week, here we come!

No comments: